Monday, September 3, 2012

About Me


Hello my name is Tyrus. I have created this blog as a homework assignment for school. In this first post I will tell you a little about myself. I am an African American male.  I am a senior in high school and I am preparing for college. I am a very nice person and I have a large imagination.
To me love is very valuable in life. We were created out of love and in my view of life we live to love and be loved in return. I think the world would be so much better if there was more love in it. I think that’s why people go on these killing sprees. For example, the killers in the Columbine shooting were bullied. If they were accepted and loved by their peers this shooting probably wouldn’t have happened.
I practice Christianity and I am Baptist. Religion is very important to me especially during this transitional period in my life. I think God is a friend, mentor and helper. It’s like that poem “Footprints.” God walks with me and if I am in a rough spot in life he won’t leave me, he will carry me. 
Like I said earlier I am an African American male. I enjoy history and the history of African American is a long and interesting topic. We as a people have gone through hard times but we have always looked for the light at the end of the tunnel. We have hope in a better tomorrow. This history has shaped me because I have grown on the foundation that my ancestors have laid for me. This history has also lead me to make the future better for my children.
In life I hope for a lot. I’m a dreamer and I have a great imagination. I first want to go to Yale University. Next, I want to change the medical world by curing cancer, and various other types of diseases. I also hope to become President of The United States. Hopefully I can bring the world one step closer to peace and prosperity. I know its a lot to hope for but that’s just who I am.  
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment